Everyone is getting addicted to smartphones. Mobile SEO means optimizing your website for mobile devices. So, it is very important to optimize your website for mobile devices so that users don’t face any issue while accessing your mobile website. Mobile SEO is the search engine optimization technique that helps improve the visibility of the website and improvs user experience for mobile users.
What is Mobile SEO and what is a Mobile-Friendly Website?
- Loads Fast and properly on mobile devices
- Users can navigate the website with ease
- Is understandable by search engines
- Content is highly readable and does not require readers to zoom
What to do for a Mobile-Friendly Website to improve the ranking
- Avoid using Flash, rather use HTML5 to create special effects. The reason is, Flash Plugin may not be available in many user’s phones.
- Don’t use pop-ups: Your website may witness a high bounce rate as users may find pop-ups very frustrating.
- Optimize titles and meta descriptions to show off your best work in SERPs.
- Use Schema.org structured data: A search result with rich snippets can attract an ample number of users to your site.
- Responsive web design: Responsive websites make use of CSS3 media queries that can serve the same content to both desktop and mobile users and can adapt to the size of a user’s screen.
- Improve website speed: After the 2018 Google speed update, website speed has become a mobile search ranking factor.
AMP: Accelerated Mobile Pages
The Google-led open source project AMP or Accelerated Mobile Pages with the help of which you can improve user experience. The mobile website loads faster what makes it better for the user. AMP pages also rank higher on search engines. Apart from that, more people coming to your website as a result, which is an added benefit. AMP is an added advantage to Mobile SEO.
Optimize Local SEO
Local search can look very different from regular desktop searches and to improve your local SEO for mobile, here are some of the recommendations:
- Write locally oriented content: Write optimized contents intended for a local audience to improve local rankings.
- Google My Business: Sign up for Google My Business and fill up all the details up to date, respond to reviews and upload photos, etc.
You need to be updated with the new developments to improve the performance of your mobile site. Mobile SEO is a necessity and you need to follow the best practices. So, to generate more traffic, start optimizing your website.